Diabetes is a deadly disease that can take away your peace of mind and health. However, if you follow a smart diabetes control program, you can counter most of the effects and lead a normal life.
The things you need to do to manage your diabetes are discussed below. Joining the program alone cannot fulfill the goal. You should refrain from doing things that will worsen the condition of diabetes sufferers. You can also check the best diabetes care services via https://www.jacarandamaternity.co.ke/diabetes-care.
Image Source: Google
Here are some of them:
- Check your feet daily for sores, abrasions, sores, swelling, redness, or inflammation of the toenails.
- Maintain your eye health by undergoing a complete eye exam once a month. This includes using eye drops to dilate your pupils.
- Make sure your doctor checks your urine for protein every year.
- You should also have your blood tested at least once a year to check your blood creatinine level.
- With the help of your doctor or nutritionist, create a healthy diet and follow it regularly.
- Take your medication on time and as directed.
- Check your blood pressure and cholesterol.
Diabetics must undergo regular health checks. It is always better to see the same doctor because they will get to know you and your symptoms better. This will help him treat you more effectively.