If you're like most homeowners, you've probably been through the frustrating experience of needing to restore a section of your home after a major storm or fire. You might have seen ads for "commercial restoration companies" and wondered which one is right for you. There is a lot of residential & commercial restoration services out there, so how do you choose the right one for your project?
Here are five tips to help you evaluate a restoration company:
1. Ask Around: Talk to friends, family, and neighbors about their experiences with restoration companies. This will give you a good idea of which companies have a good reputation and which ones have had more than average problems.
2. Look at Certifications: Some restoration companies have certifications from organizations like the American Council for Restoration Arts (ACRA). This shows that they have been trained in the proper techniques and procedures for restoring old furniture.
3. Beware of Unlicensed Contractors: Make sure the restoration company you're considering is licensed and insured. If they aren't, find out whether they have any references you can check out. It's always a good idea to ask around before hiring a contractor.
4. Beware of Fake Reviews: Don't let yourself be fooled by fake reviews or testimonials from the company. Do your own research to make sure the company is reputable before hiring them.
5. Ask for a Quote: Once you've evaluated the companies, ask for a quote to see whether the price is right for your project.
Restoration companies offer a variety of services, so it's important to choose one that will best suit your needs. By following these tips, you can easily evaluate which restoration company is right for you.